Instant Nostalgia

Half bad ass, half old lady, 100 percent so good

Monday, December 10, 2007

RIP, Reggie


It is with a heavy heart that I announce the death of my beloved iPod, Reggie. Reggie and I went through a lot together.

When I broke up with my last serious boyfriend (who actually gifted Reggie to me, ironically enough), me and Reggie sat on the Daily Trojan balcony for hours at a time, listening to "A Lack of Color" by Death Cab for Cutie on repeat.

When I sold my first article to the Los Angeles Times, Reggie assisted me in pumping my fist in the air to the tune of "I Can" by Nas.

And, when I get nervous on airplane flights, Reggie always soothed me with selections from my calming "Sleep" playlist.

As I've been a distance runner since 7th grade, it took me a while to warm up to the concept of running with music. Now, I can't run without it. It will take me a while to save up for a replacement for Reggie, which means I might grow out of shape in the process.
Reggie is preceded in death by Beth's iPod, Shirley (yes, Beth named her iPod after my mother).
Finally, I just want to say that Reggie was everything I wanted in an iPod, and he will be sorely missed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Website Counter