Instant Nostalgia

Half bad ass, half old lady, 100 percent so good

Monday, July 10, 2006

Cause I could be a pro athlete

Inspired by the sweet mixes that are the Ipod/Nike Sport Music collections, I have decided to include my personal workout mix, the aptly titled "Shake Ya Ass, But Watch Yaself" mix (FYI, Vince Carter and Freddy Adu have the best mixes. Lance Armstrong's has good music, but a lot of it is too mellow to run to. As for my girl Paula Radcliffe, let's just say she could kick my ass on the track, but she's got nothing on my music taste).

Now, workout mixes are different than other mixes. They require that you let go of all the pretension that people usually put into mixes -- if you know deep down that Britney Spears will make you shake your ass, then get her on there and get over yourself. Workout mixes are also not the right occasion for experimentation. You want songs that you know word for word, so that you can just sing along, and focus on the rhythm and music so that you forget that you're tired and hurting. Finally, you need some songs with inspirational lyrics, as well as plain good up-tempo stuff. I noticed that several of the Nike athletes all had "Motivation" by T.I. They know what's up. So, without further ado:
1. "I Can," Nas
2." '03 Bonnie & Clyde," Jay-Z feat. Beyonce
3. "Just Don't Tell Me That," 'NSYNC
4. "Let Me Be," Britney Spears
5. "Bring Em Out," T.I. feat. Jay-Z
6. "Every Ghetto, Every City," Lauryn Hill
7. "The New Workout Plan," Kanye West
8. "Rock Your Body," Justin Timberlake
9. "Hung Up," Madonna
10. "It's Like That," Mariah Carey
11. "Gigolo," Nick Cannon
12. "Tipsy," J-Kwon
13. "Get Right," Jennifer Lopez
14. "Welcome To Atlanta (Remix)," Jermaine Dupri feat. Diddy, Murphy Lee and Snoop Dogg
15. "Staying Alive," Wyclef Jean
16. "Doin' It," LL Cool J
17. "C'mon C'mon," Von Bondies
18. "Who Invited You" the Donnas
19. "Of All The Gin Joints In All The World," Fall Out Boy
Also, I keep a reserve list, in the event that I need an estrogen-filled, girly, guilty pleasure fest. That list includes:
"Miss Independent," Kelly Clarkson; "Fighter," Christina Aguilera; "Independent Women Pt. 1," Destiny's Child; "Stronger," Britney Spears; "Aint Nothin' But a She Thang," Salt 'n' Peppa; and "Doo Wop (That Thing)," Lauryn Hill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Website Counter